Saturday, July 16, 2011

Shopping and Doctors and Packing

Update on the documents: Finally gave up since the State Department still had not deposited my check on July 9th and sent my documents to Pro Ex to start ALL OVER again for a cost of $333.

Had our pre-departure Webinar this week and true to form, like passing notes during class and texting during faculty meetings, I was  on FB making fun of the stupid questions people were asking. The good news is that I was joined by about 100 other people doing the same. The poor guy running it gave more lessons on "How to Google" than anything else.

I've had to buy glasses-bifocal-since I was told  that many teachers had problems with their contact lenses over there because of the constant wind in Abu Dhabi. Since I am seriously blind and people may actually see me in these, I had to get the ultralight lenses so that I'm not wear Coke bottles so tack on another $300+ to my tab. On top of that I had to get new contacts, just in case because anyone who knows me KNOWS I would rather be in pain than be seen in my glasses! Finally went out and bought clothes yesterday....long skirts and tunic type tops for work. Not bad, spent a total of $269 for 7 complete outfits. I love Marshalls.

Finishing up with doctor's appointments so that I have enough meds to last a few months. I got a little bit of a shock with the blood work the Rheumatoloigst did last week......Endocrinologist thought  Sjogren's.....Gastroenterologist thought  Rhematoid Arthritis.........but NO it looks like I have Lupus. Alright, just give me pill and make it go away! Someone should really get a refund because I should qualify under some Human Lemon Law.

Misinformation abounds as ADEC tells us the first group is leaving in mid August and we were told on the Webinar to be ready to travel between the first and third weeks of August. In the meantime, I will work on my tan and read another trashy novel that I won't be able to buy over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment