Saturday, July 30, 2011

Countdown!!

I am flying out on August 3rd. 290 hours from now I will be on the runway. My claustrophobic self will be popping the last of my Xanax since I can't take it into the UAE. This is necessary as I will be in the air in a confined space for 13 hours.

The last minute crazies have hit. I am trying to get everything done and cram last minute stuff into storage. Lauren and I discovered today that my safe, the one that the movers were supposed to put where I could get to it, is nowhere to be seen. This does cause a little problem if Lauren decides to sell her car while  I am out of the country. Oh well, it is what it is.

I have been taken out to breakfast, lunch, or dinner so many times that my jeans are about to POP. I just spent 3 days in Ocean City, Maryland and it was very nice not to.....wait a minute I need to pack that...where is my......what am I forgetting now? Thank-you Wendy, you have no idea how much I needed that. One last party on Monday night and I am pretty much good to go.

I am forgetting the BEST NEWS!! My authenticated documents arrived on Wednesday while I was out of town!!! This means that my residence Visa will not be held up. Hillary Clinton's office still has not deposited the check for the original documents sent on May 31st. For those of you reading this and going to AD to teach in 2012...DO NOT try to handle authentication yourself unless you are doing it IN PERSON. Use Pro Ex. I spent $132.00 for authentication of documents that are MIA. Pro Ex started the process from step one on 7/11 and I had them back within 16 days! The cost: $339.00. Lesson learned: Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment